F.A.Q. concerning BLS International Services has been accredited by RCMP to submit electronic fingerprints to CCRTIS in support of Criminal Records Checks.demands:
Q 1. How long does the processing time take?
Ans 1. The RCMP advises that the process takes on average 72 hours from the time the fingerprints are electronically submitted. This average does not include time required for processing by mail.
Q 2. Can I do my finger prints with BLS International Services Ltd?
Ans 2. Fingerprints must be taken by the BLS International Services Ltd finger print technician for it to be recognized by RCMP.
Q 3. Where and how should I pay the fees?
Ans 3. You can make this payment at the BLS Enrolment Centre with a debit card (Visa/MasterCard)
Q 4. How quickly will I get my results?
Ans 4. If no criminal record is present, results will go out in the mail within three business days. For clients who have a criminal record, the process may take a bit longer.
Q 5. How do I get my results?
Ans 5. For federal government security clearances, results will be sent back to the requesting federal department.
For all other applications, results can be sent directly to you or to a designated third party of your choosing.
Q 6. How long will it take to get my fingerprints taken?
Ans 6. Our digital process is fast, efficient, clean and normally takes approximately 10 minutes to capture your fingerprints.
Q 7. What identification do I require?
Applicants should bring two pieces of valid government issued identification and one must be a photo ID. The following are types of acceptable identification:
- Driver’s Licence
- Birth Certificate
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Immigration documents i.e. work or study permits
- Military Family ID Card (MFID)
- Record of Landing for Citizenship Applicant
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Nexus card
- It is recommended applicants have with them a letter or file number from the requesting source, if applicable.
- All identification must be current and not expired.
- All digital fingerprinting requests for Canadian Citizenship must include a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This letter must include the address for third party results and should have a CIC file number, which will be included in your transaction. Please ensure this letter is available during the fingerprinting application session.
Q 8. Do I need an appointment?
Ans 8. Applicant can visit with/without a prior appointment during the operational hours for the fingerprints enrolment. Find a BLS office near you to know more.